COMMITTED TO THE ENVIRONMENT AND GLOBAL COMPACT SDGS
Audax Renovables, as a pioneer in its commitment to the environment, is member of the Spanish Network of the United Nations Global Compact for Sustainable Development since 2013: an action plan for the benefit of the people, the planet, general welfare and global peace.
In particular, Audax’s strategy incorporates SDG 7: Affordable and clean energy, which means to ensure universal access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy services, as well as SDG 13: Climate action, which means to take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
Based on its experience, Audax Renovables has been providing the communities where it operates with different economic, social and environmental benefits.
- Generating wealth through payment of royalties to local councils and owners of the lands used.
- Increasing per capita income.
- Increasing tax revenue at a local level.
- An indirect impact on local economy by means of increasing consumption (restaurants, hotels and catering, trade).
- Increasing tourism by creating routes related to wind energy.
- Economic contributions to the towns involved to develop the social and environmental aspects in the region.
- Creating indirect and direct jobs in the communities involved.
- Promoting training and employment for young people in the area.
- Possible improvement of the infrastructures in the region.
- Education of the local population about renewable energy and, in particular, about the use of energy.
- Promoting an innovating and responsible attitude by offering new alternatives to traditional sectors.
- Promoting the use of renewable and wind energy in the region.
- Creating a positive impact on the environment through reducing greenhouse effect gas emissions and decreasing other negative repercussions caused by traditional fuels.
- Supporting sustainable development and combating climate change.